Full Time Minister
Preaching Opportunities / Music / Children's Ministry
Epsom Methodist Church is looking for an additional full-time member of the Ministry Team. The post is suitable for either a lay or ordained person and will offer a varied, challenging, exciting and fulfilling ministry.
About the Role
Like many churches, EMC has seen a slow decline in the size of its congregations over many years. We currently have between 250-300 people worshipping in one of five congregations each Sunday. We are seeing an increasing number of people coming through our doors during the week for a variety of church and community run activities. There are a number of other signs of renewal and encouragement that are challenging us to new work.
We are eager to see lives changed through the power of Christ’s love both in the congregations and the wider community. We believe that we are being called to share in God’s mission to our community and we are seeking to add to our full-time ministry team in order to strengthen our fellowship as well as develop our outreach.
Your role, as part of the ministry team, would be to:
- Work collaboratively with the congregation and the leadership team as we engage in mission.
- Contribute to the worship life of the church by leading services and challenging the church to review its worship life.
- Assist in exploring and developing ways in which young families can participate more fully in the life of the church and respond to Christ’s call to follow.
- Help the establishment of house and other small groups by inspiring and teaching our congregation to form and lead such groups.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be someone who has energy, is an enabler, supporter and challenger of others;
- Possess a degree or a diploma in Theology;
- Have at least three years’ experience in ministry;
- Be a good team member able to work within our existing ministry and leadership team.
If the successful candidate is ordained, we would seek an authorised status within the Methodist Church (see application pack).
The appointment will initially be for a three-year term with a stipend of £27,500 - £30,000pa (depending on experience). There is accommodation provided in a 4 bed, semidetached
Application form including a detailed profile of EMC as well as further details of the post are available from Epsom Methodist Church at email@example.com. Closing Date: 22nd May 2017. Interviews Friday 9th June 2017.
Epsom Methodist Church
Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5AQ
TeL: 01372 728535