Preaching Opportunities / Youth Ministry / Music / Children's Ministry
We are an evangelical Baptist Church offering an internship program that gives a wide range of church based ministry experience with special focus on schools work. Training is provided through the South West Gospel Partnership in Bath and there is plenty of scope for service and developing your gifts.
About Monmouth Baptist Church
We are a growing fellowship of 60 members, committed to the centrality of God’s Word and personal faith in Jesus. We meet in the centre of the market town of Monmouth on the border of Wales. We have excellent community contacts, including a significant amount of schools work and some “mercy ministries,” and have a full range of children’s and youth ministries during the week. There is immense scope for service and developing your gifts, including leading Bible studies and preaching, opportunity to be a part of evangelistic courses, neighbourhood groups, ministry to the elderly, primary and secondary Christian schools work and assisting community outreach.
About the Role
The Ministry Internship is an opportunity to devote a year or two of your life to training and service in the life of a local church. The scheme is for new or recent graduates (men or women), or people of a similar stage in life, who are open to the Lord’s leading and want to gain ministry experience.
- Working alongside the pastor.
- Time will be split between training and study (30%), ministry (40%) and practical service and admin (30%).
- Special focus on school children and youth work.
- Goal: all-round spiritual formation.
See the PDF information download below for further details.
This is a voluntary training scheme and you will not be earning a salary. However, as a voluntary worker, you will be provided with accommodation in the home of someone from the church, and a subsistence allowance of £400 each month along with ministry expenses and the cost of the training course if needed.
- Internship year runs from September to June/July.
- Application needs to be with the church by the end of the day on 10th April 2019.
How to Apply
Enquiries and applications should be sent to Rev Jonathan Greaves through the contact links on this page. Please provide:
- a copy of your CV
- your spiritual biography (how you became a Christian)
- the reason why you are applying for the post and what you hope to get out of it
- contact details of two referees