Well done for taking the plunge and doing a ministry traineeship! At 9:38, we believe that a year or two as a ministry apprentice/trainee/intern can be a brilliant opportunity to grow and to test the waters of longer-term gospel work. It's not always an easy road but it is a very worthwhile one with great privileges and joys along the way. Whether or not you decide to move directly or at a later date into full-time life-long gospel ministry, it will be a valuable time of service to Christ's church, with humbling personal growth and wonderful opportunities to speak about Jesus.
Beginning as a ministry trainee or entering a second year?
Make sure you save the dates for the Ministry Trainee Conference 2–4 January 2020 (bookings will open soon!) We'll be gathering together for a refreshing, energising time of excellent Bible teaching, training, food and fellowship.
And have a look at these blog posts:
- Starting Well: Making the Most of Being a Ministry Trainee (Orlando Saer)
- How Ministry Trainees can be a help and a hindrance (Ben Cook)
- Evangelism as an apprentice (Esther Vernon)
- Trainee to trainee: Why you should pray (Fran Kirby)
In the middle of your time as a ministry trainee?
Check out these posts:
- Saved by grace and not by ministry (Andrew Towner)
- Godliness Matters (Ed Shaw)
- When feet almost slip (Helen Thorne)
- Self-management and productivity (Danny Rurlander)
And as you start to consider what's next:
- Why go to theological college? (Mike Ovey & Jim Packer)
- How do I know preaching is for me? (Christopher Ash)
Coming to the end of your time as a ministry trainee?
Read these posts:
- Persevering in ministry: Dangers and lessons (William Philip)
- 7 words of wisdom for finishing trainees (9:38)
If you're interested in a next-step gospel ministry position, check out the Vacancy Search.
It you're interested in further theological training, check out Training Options.
And don't forget to share your 9:38 story with others!