Well done for taking the plunge and doing a ministry traineeship! At 9:38, we believe that a year or two as a ministry trainee can be a brilliant opportunity to grow and to test the waters of longer-term gospel work. It’s not always an easy road – but it is a very worthwhile one, with great privileges and joys along the way. Whether or not you decide to move directly or at a later date into full-time life-long gospel ministry, it will be a valuable time of service to Christ’s church, with humbling personal growth and wonderful opportunities to speak about Jesus.
Beginning as a ministry trainee or entering a second year?
Join us for our Maximise Conference (6th–8th January 2021 at High Leigh). We’ll be gathering together for a refreshing, energising time of excellent Bible teaching, training, food and fellowship.
See our guidance on Raising Support.
And have a look at these blog posts:
- Starting Well: Making the Most of Being a Ministry Trainee (Orlando Saer)
- How Ministry Trainees can be a help and a hindrance (Ben Cook)
- Evangelism as an apprentice (Esther Vernon)
- Trainee to trainee: Why you should pray (Fran Kirby)
In the middle of your time as a ministry trainee?
Check out these posts:
- Saved by grace and not by ministry (Andrew Towner)
- Godliness Matters (Ed Shaw)
- When feet almost slip (Helen Thorne)
- Self-management and productivity (Danny Rurlander)
And as you start to consider what’s next:
- Why go to theological college? (Mike Ovey & Jim Packer)
- How do I know preaching is for me? (Christopher Ash)
Coming to the end of your time as a ministry trainee?
Read these posts: