9:38 wants to serve and encourage churches in their task of seeking out and nurturing the next generation of gospel workers. We partner with well over 200 churches, with a range of churchmanships, right across England and Wales, urban and rural, small and large, but all united in the glorious gospel of Christ crucified, in a deep concern for our lost nation and in a keen desire to see many more gospel workers raised up to serve and shepherd and plant more churches. Here are some resources to help you in your mobilising of gospel workers.
Local church based mobilisation events
Across the UK, local churches, clusters of churches and gospel partnerships are running events that envision and mobilise people for gospel ministry. See the benefits, examples and how to run your own event (including online formats) in our resource Church-based Events.
Developing your ministry training pathway
- Training Masterclasses
- Raising up godly leaders (Mark Dever)
- Developing a training church (Danny Rurlander)
- Supervising trainees
- Ministry Trainee finance guidance for churches
- Resources for those considering gospel work – which you can send or signpost
We are also very happy to provide consultancy in a more bespoke way, acting as a sounding board and offering suggestions that might fit your particular church situation. Please get in touch to arrange a conversation with the 9:38 Director.
Promoting gospel ministry vacancies
Another way that 9:38 seeks to serve the church is by promoting vacancies in gospel work. We are happy to host adverts for a range of positions but most importantly we seek to connect churches keen to host a ministry trainee with those looking to be a ministry trainee. This website hosts a vacancies search engine which allows potential apprentices to find churches offering placements. We also run a Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter accounts where we promote these opportunities.
We promote all ministry vacancies strongly but we will be particularly glad to promote and encourage positions (with a strong training component) in smaller churches, rural and small town settings and in church plants.
Maximise Conference – send and come
The Maximise Conference is a great shot in the arm for ministry trainees, trainers and anyone thinking through the possibility of long term gospel work.
- Send your ministry trainees to be recharged after Christmas, do a practice talk (with feedback) and experience mutual encouragement with 90 fellow trainees.
- Send an explorer – someone thinking through what to do with their life and open to the possibility of full or part-time gospel work, to get away for 3 days, meet others at different stages, hear sessions on decision making, risk and different types of Word ministry.
- Come to the conference as a church leader on the middle day – 7 January 2021 – for the ‘Training Masterclass’ sessions with Nigel Styles and Richard Coekin, encouraging and sharpening us on the area of training up the next generation in the local church.
For more details visit Maximise Conference (6-8 Jan 2021).